Monday, September 30, 2013

Fall Mantel Inspiration

 The first day of October is tomorrow, and I can't wait to put some pumpkins on my fireplace mantel.  I saw this idea in an email from Kirkland's, and it reminded me of my own fireplace.  I even have a scrolled wall plaque similar to the one in the photo.  I love the candle sconces, too, but I don't think I'd want to commit to drilling them into the fireplace stone.
BHG
 I started looking for more ideas online, and I saw these three from BHG.  I'm loving the natural look for Fall.  The burlap bow and twine wrapped candles are perfect.
BHG
 I love this burlap wreath.  I'm working on two for my front doors, and will show what I came up with soon.
BHG
 This reminded me of my scrolled wall plaque.  Mine has a similar blue frame.
Here's my fireplace waiting to be decorated for fall.  I'm thinking about hanging the wall plaque on the stone so I can hang seasonal wreaths on it like a few of the pictures above.  I'd also love to possibly hang some candle sconces on the walls on either side of the stone to widen the visual space.  One day I'll be able to place beautiful ceramic urns filled with branches on the hearth, but for now it's a great place to play with Legos.  And one day I'll be able to remove the padded bumpers, but they've saved us from many trips to the ER, so they're not going anywhere anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment