Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The BEST Pumpkin Bread Ever

The start of October means one thing to me--Pumpkin Everything!  I've already had my fair share of Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  I wait all year for the return of the PSL, and then I wait another month or so for it to be cool enough in North Carolina to actually enjoy drinking my PSL. 

My other pumpkin favorite is pumpkin bread.  I'm a scratch baker--I never use a box mix, and I always whip up my own buttercream frosting for cakes.  I even make homemade ice cream in the Summer.  But for pumpkin bread, Libby's Pumpkin Bread Kit is the only way to go.  I've exhausted myself trying every recipe for pumpkin bread I can find on Pinterest, but they still don't stack up to Libby's.  

Libby's kit comes with a bag of the dry ingredients, a can of pumpkin, and a packet of icing (which I immediately throw into the garbage can).  The bread seriously does not need an overly sweet icing on top.  You just mix the dry ingredients and pumpkin with eggs, oil & water and bake.  I do add a couple handfuls of chocolate chips to the batter for an extra treat for my boys.  It makes 2 super fluffy & moist loves of delicious pumpkin bread.

I can usually find the kit at Target, and I can sometimes find a 4 pack at BJ's if I'm super lucky.  So get off Pinterest, head over to Target (you know you want to go there anyway!), and bake the best pumpkin bread ever!

*Disclaimer: I did not receive any compensation or free product for this post.  But if the Libby's people are reading this, I wouldn't mind if you shipped me a pumpkin bread kit or two (dozen). 



No comments:

Post a Comment