Friday, January 24, 2014

Cleaning Range Hood Filters



It's Friday night, and I don't know what made me do this, but I took down the filters from my range hood. I've never cleaned them in the 3 1/2 years we've lived in our house, and they weren't very dirty, but I felt like they could use a cleaning anyway. After researching online for the best cleaning method, and realizing that it would take hours or an extended amount of work, I almost gave up.  As I was about to close the door to my cleaning supply cabinet, I spotted a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and figured I had nothing to lose by giving it a shot. As I started wiping the filter, balls of gunk immediately started coming off. And with very minimal effort, the filter looks as clean as new. Who knows what's going on on the inside, but at least the outside is clean & shiny. I wish I took before & after pictures because the difference was that noticeable. Now onto wiping all the fingerprints off the fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment