Monday, September 16, 2013

Fall Wreaths

BHG
 As I was pulling into my driveway this morning after dropping my boys off at school, I couldn't help but notice my wreaths on my front doors looked out of place.  They've been on the doors since the spring, and are faux blue & ivory hydrangea with green leaves on a twiggy wreath.  Perfect for Spring/Summer, but not so much for Fall.  I have double full glass front doors with white panes, so they really need wreaths or some other type of decoration to keep them from looking boring.
BHG
 I have a bunch of mismatched, tired-looking fall wreaths in a storage bin in the attic, and I'm hoping I can deconstruct them to make a matching set of wreaths for my front doors for this Fall.  I started to gather ideas from BHG.com and Pinterest to serve as inspiration for my DIY project. 
BHG
I really love the colors in the chrysanthemum wreath at the top, the faux feathers and satin ribbon on the wreath in the middle, and the red berries on the wreath on the bottom.  Hopefully by the end of the week, my front doors will be ready for Fall!

Check out my favorite design blog, The Inspired Room, for more Fall inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment