Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Let's Talk Loafers

Tory Burch Jess Flat
 I didn't think much of the loafer trend for Fall until this image, above, landed in my inbox.  I'm a ballet flat kind of girl.  Tory Revas are for me like sneakers are for most people--I wear them everywhere & with everything.  I thought loafers were too bulky, too slipper-like.  I pictured myself having to abandon my daily uniform of fancy tees and jeans for silk pajamas.  But these loafers are a perfect hybrid--part ballet flat, part loafer--and I can't even begin to talk about the gold trim.  Metallic details get me every time.
J.Crew Darby Studded Cap Toe Loafers
 While I'm on the subject of metallic details...  I stumbled upon these studded loafers from J.Crew.  I like how they're slim and ladylike.  They reminded me of the jazz shoes I used to wear for dance class--soft leather, small stacked heel.  They look like they'd immediately mold to your foot.  I could picture these worn with a pencil skirt, an edgy-preppy look.
G.H. Bass & Co. Metallic Weejuns
I couldn't talk about loafers without talking about the original, G.H. Bass & Co. Weejuns.  I had a pair of classic black Weejuns in 7th grade, because the guys from NKOTB wore them, and I had to have them, too.  I wore them every day with my peg-rolled acid wash jeans and oversize tee shirts.  I love how they updated them in gold metallic.  (They have bright colors in patent leather & animal prints, too.)  I could definitely see these making their way into my wardrobe.  They'd be perfect with a pair of rolled boyfriend jeans and a cashmere sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment