Thursday, September 19, 2013

Target Roundup


3.1 Phillip Lim for Target
 I found myself at Target today for my weekly near-daily trip for essentials (bananas & Scotch Tape were on the list), and I couldn't help but take a few minutes an hour to check out some of the new Fall merchandise.
3.1 Phillip Lim for Target
 I knew that the 3.1 Phillip Lim collection was hitting stores over the weekend, and since I live in the suburbs, I knew it would still be in my store.  I loved this navy blue ruffled tank above and this LBD below.  And I spotted the trench at top when I looked online after I got home.  My wardrobe is pretty neutral, so I loved the pops of green on the collar, belt, and lining.
3.1 Phillip Lim for Target
I'm still shopping for desktop accessories, and I spotted this oblong Acacia wood bowl below in the kitchenware section.  I think it's supposed to be for bread, but I pictured it on my desk to hold all of the things I charge at night--my phone, GPS watch, Kindle.  Maybe I could drill holes close to the bottom in the back to feed the cords through.  I'll be keeping an eye on it and hope I can pick it up on clearance.
Threshold
Threshold
 I also loved this metallic tray, above, and could picture this on my desktop, too.  Maybe it could hold a few vintage vases filled with pencils & markers.  Or it could corral my insane number of magazines.  I didn't see these lamps, below, in the store, but again, I spotted them online.  I have that crazy aversion to lampshades, so these would be perfect for my desk.  I love their vintage feel, but I wouldn't have to worry about old, shoddy electrical wiring from an actual vintage lamp.  I can't decide if the lantern-looking one or the one with the curved arm is my favorite.
Threshold
Even though I only came home with bananas, Scotch Tape, and a few Pre-K workbooks I found on clearance for my 4 year old, I came away with a lot of ideas for my desk and an excuse to go back (as if I need one!) to pick up that ruffled tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment