Monday, November 11, 2013

Gifts for the Hostess


Every year, I always try to think of unique hostess gifts; something that can be used during the holiday season, or something the hostess & her family can enjoy when the party is over.

Stonewall Kitchen Pancake Mix

 A guest at one of our parties a few years back brought us breakfast for the next day--a coffee cake & orange juice.  I thought this was such a great idea.  This gingerbread pancake mix from Stonewall Kitchen would be perfect for the holidays; pair it with a bottle of real maple syrup & a container of strawberries.

Coasters from Target
 I try to have a few small gifts on hand for spur of the moment get togethers.  These coasters from Threshold at Target are just $14.99 for the set and are small enough to stash in a cabinet for last minute gifting.

Winter Wonderland Dishtowel from anthropologie
 I love to receive new dishtowels, because they're something I never think to buy myself.  I love the scene on this dishtowel from anthropologie; it could be used all Winter.  $18 for one dishtowel.  I've also found great seasonal dishtowels at Home Goods that I've given as gifts.
 
Hot Chocolate on a Stick from Crate & Barrel
 Everyone loves receiving a treat, and these hot chocolates on a stick look yummy & adorable.  You just stir them into a cup of hot milk to make hot chocolate.  They're $3.95 each.

Charity Mugs from west elm
Pair a hot chocolate on a stick with one of these charity mugs from west elm.  They're listed at a special price of $8 each with 50% of the purchase price going to the charity depicted on the individual mug.  My favorite is the blue map of the United States on the Teach for America mug.

Rose Hand Cream from L'Occitane
 Rose hand cream in a pretty tube would make a great gift.  Again, it's small enough to keep a few on hand, and this travel size is $12.  Package it with a patterned drugstore nail file in a cellophane bag tied with a ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment