Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thanksgiving Dessert Ideas for the Kiddos


If the kids at your Thanksgiving table are like the kids at ours, they want nothing to do with pumpkin or apple pies.  (More for the adults!!!)  This year, I thought it would be fun to make them their own special dessert.  I love these turkey cupcakes from theKitchn.  They look super easy to make, and kids love cupcakes.  And chocolate, and candy...
 
theKitchn
I saw this next recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies on King Arthur Flour's website.  My kids like any kind of sandwich cookie, and they also like pumpkin bread and muffins, so this would be the perfect combination for them.  Plus, nothing says "Thanksgiving" like pumpkin, right?!

King Arthur Flour

 There's an apple orchard near my childhood home that makes the best apple cider donuts.  If my parents come to visit us in the Fall, I make sure they bring apple cider donuts from Roger's Orchard with them.  I've been on a search for an apple cider donut recipe, and I thought this one from What's Cooking in the Burbs would be a good one to try.  They're baked in a donut pan, not fried, so they'd be much easier to make for someone like me who's terrified of deep frying.  Apple cider donuts always make me think of Fall, and kids love donuts, especially ones covered in sugar!

What's Cooking in the Burbs


No comments:

Post a Comment